You should brush your teeth thoroughly at least twice a day to remove plaque and to prevent tooth decay. Follow the steps below for proper brushing:
1. Place your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to your gums.
2. Brush gently in a circular motion.
3. Brush the outer, inner, and chewing surfaces of each tooth.
4. Use the tip of your brush for the inner surface of your front teeth.
You should floss your teeth thoroughly at least once a day to remove plaque from the areas that your toothbrush cannot reach. Follow the steps below for proper flossing:
1. Wind about eighteen inches of floss around your fingers as shown. Most of it should be wrapped around one finger, and as the floss is used, the other finger takes it up.
2. Use your thumbs and forefingers to guide about one inch of floss between your teeth.
3. Holding the floss tightly, gently saw the floss between your teeth. Then curve the floss into a C-shape against one tooth and gently slide it beneath your gums.
4. Slide the floss up and down, repeating for each tooth.
If you’re looking for qualified dentists in Nottingham you have come to the right place. Smilestyle dental centre have a team of dentist with over 20 years of dentistry experience. For more details about how Smilestyle dental centre can help with your dentistry requirements please call our Nottingham dental centre or alternatively please fill in our dental centre enquiry form. Why not take advantage of our complimentary treatment co-ordinator appointment and come and find out what we could do for you.